BINGING ALONE IN A MOON—LIT NIGHT (獨自暢喝在一個明月的夜晚)

A double translation again. Original classic poem by Tang Dynasty Poet, Li Bei, dubbed by the west as China’s Superstar Drunken Poet. I translate from Classical Chinese into English, and Madam Liu, from English into modern Chinese. Both translations, at best, serve as initial interest only, readers must refer to the original and their official translation in the web.

Among the flowers, there’s a pot of wine;
在那花叢中,有一壺美酒;
I binge alone: in absence of friends and relate.
獨自暢飲:在知朋聯糸不到和共賞。
Raising my cup, propose a toast to the moon.
舉起我的酒杯,對明月追求乾一杯。
It’s image and my shadow completes a trinity.
它的形像和我的形影合成三位一體。
They are oblivious to my drunken pleasure.
他們忘却我飲醉的樂趣。
The shadows tango with the body.
那形影隨著那形體跳探戈舞。
We are transient partners.
我們是瞬變的夥伴。
We seek instant gratification.
我們尋得短暫的滿足。
Whenever I sing, the moon stays motionless.
每當我歌唱,那月兒持靜不動。
Whenever I dance, the shadows tumble on one another.
每當我跳舞,那陰影無意中滾動到另一個。
In regaining awareness, the trio commutes delight.
在意識的復回,三位通勤喜悅。
They part company only when intoxicated.
他們夥伴分離,唯有沉醉在酒中。
We hope to foster eternal bonds.
我們抱有希望永遠的聯結。
And seek unforgettable communion in timeless galaxies.
並尋求難忘共享在永恆的星系裡

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s