RIDING ON THE CLOUDS (騎在雲層上) : POEM TRANSLATION

This poem is translated by Mdm. Liu May Ling, Toronto. Thanks.

RIDING ON THE CLOUDS
(騎在雲層上)

You ride on the clouds,
騎在雲層上,
when we visit you.
當我們探訪你。
In your sleep, you bade farewell;
在你的甜睡中,你辭別;
we hold on to your hands,
我們緊握住你的手,
trying to reach you, not letting go,
試欲接觸你,不讓走,
feeling your warm and pulses,
感觉你的温暖和脉冲,
many childhood stories still untold.
許多數不清的童年故事。
You hear us talking,
你聆聽我們說話,
your dear ones are unprepared,
你的親情是措手不及,
this sudden journey, with all the
這突然的旅程,全是和
cold modern connections.
接近那寒冷的現時。
You hear the silent prayers,
你傾聽那默默的祈祷,
gate always open for the faithful,
通道总是為忠實的開放,
no hurry, delay your departure, until
不著急,延期你的出發,直至
we each fulfill the obligation
我們每個人完成那事務
and sing our psalm or poetry.
及唱我們的詩篇和詩歌。

NB Last night received SMS that he has passed away. His sibling was curious to know how the bond between us was so strong despite different faith, a bond stronger that blood. I suppose among my generation, we are more easy going and see lives differently. It is mutual trust and friendship since school days, even though we may not meet often enough. At our age, with diminishing friends, we treasure one another’s presence.

2 thoughts on “RIDING ON THE CLOUDS (騎在雲層上) : POEM TRANSLATION

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s