歌颂黄河:ODE TO THE YELLOW RIVER 翻譯詩

颂黄河:ODE TO THE YELLOW RIVER 翻譯詩

(Translated from English to Chinese by Dr. LIM Keng Huat 翻譯:林建華醫生)

(Translated from English to Chinese by Liu May Ling, Toronto: a double translation)

 

On the peak of the summit, I stand;

在最高的山頂,我站著;

Gaze the billows of the Yellow River on land.

凝望黄河地上的波濤。

To the south east, it gushes;

向東南,浪涌滔滔不絕;

In golden oscillations, it surges.

如同金黄在流動,汹涌而來。

With raging vitality, the tides splash to a lofty rise;

带着猛烈的活力,浪潮飛向一個崇高的崛起;

The turbidity of the current reverberates to the skies.

渾濁的流動回荡天空。

Its meandering forms a nine bend chain;

它的蜿蜒形成一條九曲鏈;

From the Kunlun Mountains, river drains down the plain.

從崑崙山,河流排水向下平原。

Flows toward the banks of the Yellow Sea, the gushes;

涌出流向黄海的岸上;

Proceed to split the central plain into north and south deltas.

進行分開中部平原進入南北洲。

 

To the Yellow River, hurray!

向黄河,歡呼!

Cradle of Chinese civilization, the icon stay.

中華文明的搖籃,图标留恋。

Five centuries of ancient culture, starts

五個世纪的古老文化,開始

Your birth originates down history charts.

您的誕生源于歷史图表下。

Countless heroic tales are narrated,

無数的英勇故事叙述,

And on your banks, these acts are enacted.

并且在您的岸上,这些行動被制定。

 

To the Yellow River, hurray!

向黄河,歡呼!

Really great, and fortitude is your forte.

實在偉大,毅力是您的專長。

You are liked a colossus.

您如同一個巨人。

On Asiatic plains, you appear with awesomeness.

亚洲的平原,您顯得與魅力。

With heroic physical prowess, a bulwark, you create,

與英雄的体能,一個堡壘,您创建,

And build a natural and national barrier, so great.

并建立一個自然国家壁壘,,如此偉大。

 

To the Yellow River, hurray!

向黄河,歡呼!

From a high peak, voluminously, you pour away.

從一個高峰,龐大,您大量投入。

In mighty vast wave toward both banks, you brave,

在這强大的巨浪朝向兩岸,您英勇,

Extend a thousand arms, like strong iron rods, you save.

伸出一千條胳膊,如強铁棒,您保存。

Our great national spirit will in future,

我們偉大的民族精神将在未来,

Grow and develop under your nurture.

成長和發展在您的培育下。

Heroes and heroines of our nation:

我們的國家英雄和巾幗英雄:

Will take you as their role models,

将以您為他們的榜樣,

Defend with great determination, a bastion.

最大的决心以捍衛一個堡壘。

 

  note:

This is a double translation, mainly to render easier understanding, not only to readers, but also to translators.  They are translated according to their interpretations.

 

2 thoughts on “歌颂黄河:ODE TO THE YELLOW RIVER 翻譯詩

  1. Kan

    Doc, This gives thought to the colluding rivers of KL. Here is my response.
    A muddy confluence
    Murky rivulets collide
    Unsightly divide.

    Reply
    1. wonkywizard Post author

      Kan, excellent haiku/senryu. Throughout Chinese history, many great personalities met and fought battles along the River; kingdoms unite and divide, but the Chinese civilization persisted. However, I shall respond differently in haiku/senryu – refer blog.

      Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s